Monday, August 30, 2010

First week of School...

It's that time again, BACK TO SCHOOL!!!! Another year........

Just us girls

Best friends and sisters for life.......

My beautiful going to her 1st day of fourth grade.
My sunshine going to second grade.



Wow! Another year of school has came upon us again. Where does time go? It flies! My girls were very excited about starting school. Seeing their teachers and meeting the new students. The girls are very blessed with the school they attend. They go to a high academic school along with christian values. They start their school day with chapel.

The girls have their regular subjects.. like math, english, science, along with their electives.. German, Japanese, Spanish, dance, piano, band and let's not forget those AR points. Those Ar points are hard to get if you ever get behind on them. Each grade level has certain number points that they have to receive before the end of six weeks. With a schedule like this and having two girls you have to be organized.

 Along with this year the school is not providing breakfast or lunch. So now  I need to prepare their breakfast and lunches everyday. I need some creative ideas! If anyone has any new ideas for packed lunches , please  feel free to share. I have been watching Rachel Ray and other chefs trying to make sure my girls do not get bored with the packed lunches.

We were able to make our lunch boxes. I found these adorable pink insulated lunch bag, but they were plain. So I had this great idea to add some ribbon, bows and to personalize them. The lunch boxes turned out so cute. Best of all they are one of a kind.

How cute are these lunch boxes???







Every year, we as mothers perpare our kids for the first week of school, it seems to be the hardest when coming off from  summer vacation. I always reflect on when I was a child and how my mother would prepare  us and I wanted to do the same  for my girls. I love go school shopping even though my girls wear uniforms, it is the new underware, sock, hair accessories, backpacks etc.. just all the new items and how clean and fresh it looks and feels.

Also, My mother would have all our rooms organized and fall cleaned... it is always a fresh start for a new school year. I think it sets the mood for our children . I know it did for me. So my girls are blessed to have the same as me. So kudos to my mother! I love you Mom! I pray my girls will pass the same traditions to their kids.

WOW!  Look at Miss Susie Q's backpack.... very professional!!!


Miss Katie bug is very bright !!! It fits her personality!

Look at all those AR books... they will be read by the end of school year.....



Susie said she is ready for a makeover in her room...


My little sunshine's room all spring cleaned!!




Reporting her 1st week of school.......

My first day of school was GREAT!! I loved it!! When I got there I was so excited and nervous......then I saw my teacher and friends, I was so happy. Next I went to put up my backpack away where we usually put them. Then I went to chapel to watch a movie when it was 8:00 a.m. we started chapel. When chapel was over we went to our classes. When I got to my classroom I was so surprise the class room was so much different from last year. Then I went to lunch. YUM! after that was P.E. then I went home , and I didn't have homework but my mother did!!! LOL She had to fill out paper work from the school.
Katie
   
Looking good for a fourth grader


My first day of school was Awesome! I really like my teachers.  They are really funny. They make learning fun. The coolest thing was that my main teacher has IPADs in her closet for all of us. How cool is that? We all can't wait til we can get on them. 


I am really bless to go to a great school. Though at times it can be hard but it has it rewards. I am very excited to be involved in after school programs... for instance... Dance, piano and band ( which I play the flute).


 On the first day of school, I was asked to pray in front of the whole school , I  was honored but a little nervous. This year half of our classmates are new students. I miss some of my old classmates but it is cool to make new one too.  Every school year gets better and better. Looking forward to a great fourth grade year.


Susie



4 comments:

  1. I popped over from your mom's blog to say hi! Your Susie and Katie remind me of 2 of our granddaughters who live in Va, Ali and Savannah Who adore each other as friends besides being loving sisters. I love that Susie got to start the year praying for everyone. It sounds like a school that not only gives them an opportunity to grow spiritually but also a school where the will gain confidence for life.
    Your daughters are beautiful and it has been fun to see their pictures on the farm.
    My daughter also blogs http://homesweethideaway.blogspot.com/ if you want to meet another busy young mom.
    Welcome to blogland!
    Beth~♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie and welcome to the blogging world. Thanks for the visit to my site the other day, I am running a bit behind, I have been working on my christmas blog so time got away from me.

    I am loving sitting here and reading your blog while Casting Crows is singing to me. Love this song. It's a definite favorite.

    I'm a follower now, so I will be back.
    Good luck to those precious girls this school year.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Susie, I love your blog. I came over from your mom's blog. I just adore her! Your girls are just beautiful and I so enjoy reading about them and their activities! Welcome to blogland! Elena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie! What a precious post! I am so glad you decided to blog! You'll love it! Your blog is lovely and so is your sweet heart! I homeschool Maddy, but she is taking actual classes with a former public school teacher at our church for the first time this year...so she had her first day, too! The other 3 of our girls all went to public school. You sure made those lunch bags cute! I bet they love them!

    Your girls are adorable! I get a kick out of your Mom's posts with them in it!! I look forward to getting to know you better!

    Joyful Sunday blessings to you gal!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete